Often, college level courses require you to do a majority of studying outside of class. If you are like most students you have limited time, so we want to help you study effectively and efficiently.
Watch the modules below to hear an overview of the topic by a THINK TANK Learning Specialist.
Viewing the Modules
- To advance the presentation, use the arrow keys or the and arrow buttons below the slides.
- To view the presentation in full-screen mode, click the button below the slides.
- To view the speaker notes, press the s key.
This module will take approximately 12 minutes (or about 30 minutes with added video and activities).
Communicating with Faculty
This module will take approximately 6 minutes (or about 10-15 minutes with added video and activities).
Click on a title below to view a PDF of the resource.
- ASU. (2015, November 18). Introducing faculty office hours: Arizona State University (ASU) [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch/yQq1-_ujXrM
- Duhigg, C. (n.d.). The Power of habit. Charles Duhigg. https://charlesduhigg.com/the-power-of-habit/
- Feather, J. (2016, November 30). How I make concept maps – Nursing School [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReXuXy4M7oY
- Kwik Learning. (n.d.). Kwik tips. Read faster. Work smarter. Think better. https://kwiklearning.com/kwik-tips/
- The Learning Scientists. (2017, April 24). Weekly digest #56: Helping students with e-mail etiquette. https://www.learningscientists.org/blog/2017/4/23/weekly-digest-56
- Portwood-Stacer, L. (2016, August 14). How to email your professor (without being annoying AF). Laura Portwood-Stacer. https://medium.com/@lportwoodstacer/how-to-email-your-professor-without-being-annoying-af-cf64ae0e4087
- Teach Learn Online, LLC. (n.d.) Home. HowtoStudy.org. https://howtostudy.org/