The Writing Center
To help you meet your goals, the Writing Center has three types of sessions. You don’t need to have finished your paper or have even started writing! You can come with just the assignment sheet, your notes or ideas, or a draft – and you can always come with questions for our certified peer tutors.
Twenty-five minute sessions are free. Fifty-minute individual appointment sessions are fee-based.
The 25-minute FREE drop-in sessions are there if you want to…
- Get feedback on one key issue, like your introduction or how you use commas
- Have a sounding board for your ideas as you begin your project
- Spend a few minutes every day on a different aspect of your project
The 25-minute FREE appointments are there if you want to…
- Get clarification on your assignment
- Want to discuss several aspects of your project in depth
- Want to work on overall issues with structure, formatting, or expression
The 50-minute fee-based appointments are there if you want to…
- Spend a longer time with a tutor to work on a larger project
- Get more in-depth support on any aspect of your writing
Fee-based appointments are charged to the student’s bursar account unless they are cancelled no later than 24 hours in advance.
No Show Policy: Students must cancel appointments no later than 24 hours in advance. Appointments that are not canceled will be registered as ‘no-show’. After 3 no-shows, the student loses the privilege of booking appointments through the Online Scheduling System and must meet with the Tutoring Services Coordinator in order for their access to the system to be reinstated.
In case of an emergency in which the student cannot access the Online Scheduling System to cancel their appointment, they may call the THINK TANK front desk at 520-626-0530.
Online Drop-In Tutoring
If you prefer to work on your paper from the privacy of your own home, you can drop-in via our online Writing Center tutoring.