Frequently Asked Questions
Overview of Private Tutoring
Fee-Based Private Tutoring: For a scheduled private tutoring appointment, you and your tutor will work for an hour in a way that best suits your learning needs. Some students use the time to review the previous week’s homework; others develop exam study guides with the tutor’s guidance. Students are encouraged to come prepared with material or concepts that they have questions about. Students may also schedule a group tutoring appointment with up to two classmates for an hour session with a tutor.
Free Drop-In Tutoring: When you visit a THINK TANK location for free drop-in tutoring, you will sit at a table with others studying the same subjects as you. After assessing your learning needs, our tutors may work with you individually or encourage you to collaborate with several students working on the same idea. Our tutors are trained to help you develop your understanding of the concepts and principals of your subject and are discouraged from helping directly with homework problems.
- With an individual private appointment, a single student will meet with a tutor for an hour in a private space. Individual private appointments are $35 per session, billed to the student’s Bursar account.
- With a group private appointment, up to three students will meet with a tutor for an hour in a private space. Group private appointments are $20 per student per session, billed to the students’ Bursar account.
Fees for Private Tutoring
We offer hour-long individual tutoring for $35 per session and group tutoring (up to 3 students) for $20 per student per session.
Our fees for individual and group private tutor remain consistent throughout the semester and do not change nearing finals week.
Scheduling an Appointment
You can schedule a private tutoring appointment from our main private tutoring page.
- First, check the private tutoring course list to see if we offer private tutoring for your course.
- Next, use the link on the main private tutoring page to proceed to TutorTrac to schedule your appointment. For assistance with TutorTrac, please review our Student Guide to TutorTrac.
- For further assistance, please reach out to the THINK TANK at 520-626-0530.
Individual and group Private appointments for Math, Science, and Business courses are held online through Zoom. When you join the Zoom meeting you will check in with our Administrative Staff before meeting with your tutor.
We offer private appointment times corresponding to our drop-in group times to provide better support and extended hours for our students. However, if you need an appointment slot for time that is not listed, please contact Jessie Rebl at email@example.com.
Note: The last day that private appointments may be scheduled is Reading Day.
Students must cancel appointments no later than 24 hours in advance. Appointments that are not canceled will be registered as ‘no show’. After 3 no shows, the student loses the privilege of booking appointments through TutorTrac and must meet with a Tutor Program Coordinator in order regain access to TutorTrac.