Want to find a different way to take notes, prepare for exams, manage your time, or even organize your assignments? We cover it all in our FREE Academic Skills Workshops that are offered during fall and spring semesters.
We partner with UA Libraries and the Graduate Center to offer targeted workshops for graduate students. These FREE workshops cover topics such as managing your library resources, important skills and strategies for academic success, and writing in grad school. Workshops occur during fall and spring semesters.
THINK TANK and International Student Services (ISS) present a conversational speaking series—an opportunity to practice and strengthen communication skills while learning academic success strategies. These FREE workshops are offered during fall and spring semesters.
BY REQUEST (during fall/spring semesters)
Instructors and Staff
An Academic Skills Tutor can come to your classroom to present a FREE workshop and talk to your students about the services and support we can offer them. Please submit requests at least one week in advance.
Clubs and Organizations
Do you have a class or group meeting that might benefit from an Academic Skills Workshop? We can deliver FREE presentations on the academic skills needed to get through college.
When submitting a workshop request, please observe the following guidelines:
- Workshop request(s) must be made at least one week in advance.
- Provide a few options of dates and times that would work for your group.
- Workshops are one hour long; please plan accordingly.
- All workshops must occur either in the Student Union Memorial Center or a UA classroom.
- Clubs/organizations are expected to provide copies of workshop materials (i.e. handouts) for all attendees. Materials will be sent to the contact person of the club/organization prior to event.
- Clubs/organizations are also expected to provide a laptop that connects to the Internet and a projector.
- Apple laptops require a converting cable in order to connect to a projector. Please make sure you have all the necessary equipment.
- Please make sure, prior to workshop, your laptop has the capacity to connect to the projector.
- Laptops and projectors can be checked out from UA Library for free.
If you have questions or concerns about the above guidelines or general questions about this FREE service offered by the Academic Skills program, please email us!