Getting Started with Zoom
I. Signing In to Zoom
Sign in to the University of Arizona Zoom website:
- Go to https://arizona.zoom.us and click the blue Sign in button.
- On the next page, log in with your university NetID and password.
- You will be taken to your account Profile page.
You can start and join meetings directly from the Zoom website.
Sign in to the Zoom app:
Zoom meetings run in the app, but if you have signed in to the website before you join a meeting then you won't need to sign in again for the app.
Downloading the Zoom app: You will be prompted to download the Zoom app automatically when you join your first meeting. You can also click here to download the Zoom app installer directly. When the download is complete, open the file to install Zoom.
Once you have the app installed, you can sign in as follows:
- Double-click the Zoom icon or search for the “Start Zoom” desktop app.
- In the Zoom Sign In window, click the Sign In with SSO button.
- Enter “arizona" as the company domain.
- In the browser window that appears, log in with your university NetID and password.
- If a browser pop-up appears, allow your browser to launch Zoom by clicking the Open Zoom Meetings button.
II. Joining an Online THINK TANK Service
- Make sure you are signed in to the Zoom website ( https://arizona.zoom.us ) or the Zoom app.
- Click the appropriate button or link on the Online Tutoring page, the SI Online page, or the Academic Skills Workshops page on the THINK TANK website.
- The Zoom app will automatically open and join the meeting. If you don't have the app yet, the website will prompt you to download and install it.
III. Testing your Zoom Settings
To test that Zoom is set up correctly, you can join a test meeting at https://zoom.us/test. You can make sure your microphone input, speaker output, and camera are working correctly.
IV. Zoom Controls During a Meeting
- Zoom Instructions at the University of Arizona D2L Help Pages
- The Top Questions from the Zoom Help Center
- Zoom Video Tutorials