Schedule for Success
Schedule for Success (S4S) is a comprehensive program designed to help students build a strong foundation and support system at the University of Arizona. Students are placed into S4S based on their chosen major and the score they receive on their ALEKS math placement exam. The program is designed to help students progress through their required math at the university level. Specific coursework, professional academic coaching, and individualized tutoring contribute to students’ success this year and beyond.
Personalized CoursesClick or enter to reveal information below
Math 100AX and SAS 100AX are pre-college level courses that do not count toward the credit hours needed to complete a UA undergraduate degree. However, these courses do count for scholarship and financial aid purposes. Math 100AX and SAS 100AX will help prepare you to complete the foundation math course(s) for your selected major.
SAS 100AX: Math Success Strategies
- Meets twice a week in-person.
- 2 units
- Topics include preparing for math tests, test taking strategies, math anxiety, and motivation. Each class has a THINK TANK tutor to help you individually with your math.
MATH 100AX: Preparation for University-level Mathematics (similar to beginning algebra)
- Hybrid class (meets one day a week in-person, one day online)
- 2 units
- Focuses on math topics in which student needs the most improvement or mastery
- Midterms and final (placement) exams
In addition to these classes, you will be enrolled in courses required by your major.
First Year Support & ResourcesClick or enter to reveal information below
- Individual meetings with a Professional Learning Specialist* at the THINK TANK (5 per semester)
- Unlimited free drop-in tutoring at any THINK TANK location, including La Paz Residence Hall (specifically for S4S students)
- Math office hours at Pascal’s (ILC room 140)
- Optional SAS 100BX support course in spring (2 units)
*Learning Specialists serve as your academic coach. Meeting with them will assist you in becoming familiar with your academic habits, help you learn and build your study strategies, and navigate life as a college student
ContactClick or enter to reveal information below
We’d love to talk with you in person at new student orientation! Look for our representatives at:
- Morning S4S information session
- Change of Schedule
- The THINK TANK at Bear Down Gym
Get answers any time! Contact Cassandra Hirdes: