Studies show that students who attend learning centers achieve better grades and are more successful during their college careers. Our CRLA-certified peer tutors offer one-on-one and drop-in assistance online for help in gateway courses and skills such as mathematics, statistics, and writing. Additional courses are also supported, based on the backgrounds of our tutorial staff in any given semester. Our online services include:
- Assistance that is supportive, focused, and on-task
- Help with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on math homework problems
- Support for writing at all levels and in all forms and modes. Tutors can help you with assignments from UA courses as well as personal statements, resumes, cover letters, and application essays.
Online courses require students to approach classes differently than in-person courses. If you find your online class confusing or challenging, an Academic Skills Tutor can provide guidance on how to navigate your online course, from figuring out when things are due to effective study strategies for exams when there are no lectures.
Online Tutoring Schedule: Summer 2019
- Note: There will be no Online Tutoring on May 27 and July 4.
Online Tutoring via ZoomAll online tutoring sessions will be held using the Zoom video conferencing software, which is free for all UA students.
- To create your Zoom account, go to https://arizona.zoom.us, click the blue Sign in button, and sign in with your UA NetID and password.
- Please use the Zoom app for all online tutoring. To get the app and try it out, you can join a test meeting:
- Go to https://zoom.us/test, click the Join button, and then make sure to click download & run Zoom.
- For more information, visit our help page on Getting Started with Zoom.
Writing Center Tutoring
View the list of courses supported with online private tutoring.
Cost: $35 per hour-long session
How To Request: Fill out the Online Private Tutoring Request Form.