Studies show that students who attend learning centers achieve better grades and are more successful during their college careers. Our CRLA-certified peer tutors offer one-on-one assistance for help in gateway courses and skills such as mathematics, statistics, and writing. Additional courses are also supported, based on the backgrounds of our tutorial staff in any given semester. Our online services include:
- Assistance that is supportive, focused, and on-task
- Help with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on math homework problems
- Support for writing at all levels and in all forms and modes. Tutors can help you with assignments from UA courses as well as personal statements, resumes, cover letters, and application essays.
Online courses require students to approach classes differently than in-person courses. If you find your online class confusing or challenging, an Academic Skills Tutor can provide guidance on how to navigate your online course, from figuring out when things are due to effective study strategies for exams when there are no lectures.
Online Tutoring Schedule: Summer 2018 (May 14 – August 17)
- Note: There will be no Online Tutoring on Sunday, May 27 or Wednesday, July 4.
Moving from Adobe Connect to ZoomStarting on July 1st, all online tutoring sessions will be held using Zoom instead of Adobe Connect. Zoom is free for all UA students.
- To create your Zoom account, go to https://arizona.zoom.us, click the blue Sign in button, and sign in with your UA NetID and password.
- You can make sure Zoom is set up correctly on your computer by joining a test meeting at https://zoom.us/test.
- For more information, visit our help page on Getting Started with Zoom.