When submitting a workshop request, please observe the following guidelines:
- Workshop request(s) must be made at least one week in advance.
- Provide a few options of dates and times that would work for your group.
- Workshops are one hour long; please plan accordingly.
- All workshops must occur either in the Student Union Memorial Center or a UA classroom.
- Requests that require a room reservation on campus, please submit at least 2 weeks prior! Room reservation takes time.
- Clubs/organizations are expected to provide copies of workshop materials (i.e. handouts) for all attendees. Materials will be sent to the contact person of the club/organization prior to event.
- Clubs/organizations are also expected to provide a laptop that connects to the Internet and a projector.
- Apple laptops require a converting cable in order to connect to a projector. Please make sure you have all the necessary equipment.
- Please make sure, prior to workshop, your laptop has the capacity to connect to the projector.
- Laptops and projectors can be checked out from UA Library for free.
If these guidelines create a challenge in presenting a workshop, or if you have any questions about this FREE service offered by the Academic Skills program, please email us!
e.g. a group of students on academic probation, non-traditional students, etc.