To help you meet your goals, the Writing Center has three types of sessions. You don’t have to have finished your paper, or have even started writing! You can come with just the assignment sheet, your notes or ideas, or a draft – and you can always come with questions.
Fifteen minute drop-in and 30-minute appointment sessions are free. One-hour individual appointment sessions are fee based.
When should I go to drop-in?
The 15 minute, free drop-in sessions are there if you want to…
- Get feedback on one key issue, like your introduction or how you use commas
- Have a sounding board for your ideas as you begin your project
- Spend a few minutes every day on a different aspect of your project
When should I make a free 30-minute appointment?
The 30 minute, free appointments are there if you want to…
- Get clarification on your assignment
- Want to discuss several aspects of your project in depth
- Want to work on overall issues with structure, formatting, or expression
When should I schedule an hour appointment?
Hour long, fee based appointments are there if you want to…
- Spend a longer time with a tutor to work on a larger project
- Get more in-depth support on any aspect of your writing
Online Writing Center Tutoring
If you prefer to work on your paper from the privacy of your own home, you can drop in via our online Writing Center tutoring. For more information regarding Online tutoring CLICK HERE.
Plagiarism Prevention Workshops
Are you not certain exactly what constitutes plagiarism? Do you want to learn skills to help you prevent inadvertently misusing sources when you write? Do you need to brush up your skills for effective paraphrasing and citing of research texts? If so, then the Plagiarism Prevention Workshop is for you! Click Here for more information.
Don't see the type of support you're looking for?
“Coming into the Think Tank was not my idea (it was actually a requirement for my course!)… The tutor and I worked on my concepts, thesis, and organization. She helped me rethink my ideas, and even take a spin off my original ideas. They went from cliché to analytical. [My tutor] was very optimistic and intellectual. Great experience!” Joy S., Pre-Business