Schedule for Success
Schedule for Success (S4S) is a comprehensive program, complete with coursework, learning support, tutoring services, and financial aid counseling designed to help you build a strong foundation and support system at UA. By strategically designing your first semester experience, we are certain you will excel in your first year and beyond.
Although your ALEKS score has placed you into this program, Schedule for Success is about more than math. Schedule for Success focuses on your academic journey as you transition into the University of Arizona. Your Learning Specialist, tutors, SAS instructor, and Math instructors are all working together to help make your first year a great one.
- Questions about your placement? http://math.arizona.edu/academics/placement
- Want to re-test? http://math.arizona.edu/academics/placement/exams/faq
- Want to know what math you have to take for your major? Find your academic advisor and figure out your academic plan: http://advising.arizona.edu/
Your score on the UA Math Placement (ALEKS) test has placed you into Math 100AX and SAS 100AX. These are pre-college level courses that do not count toward the credit hours needed to complete a UA undergraduate degree. However, Math 100AX and SAS 100AX will help prepare you to complete the foundation mathematics course(s) for your selected major.
SAS 100AX: Math Success Strategies (first semester). Topics include preparing for math tests, test taking strategies, math anxiety, and motivation. Each class has a THINK TANK tutor to help you individually with your math.
MATH 100AX: Preparation for University-level Mathematics (first semester), equivalent to Beginning Algebra.
MATH 100: Preparation for University-level Mathematics, (second semester) equivalent to Intermediate Algebra.
In addition to these classes you will be enrolled in courses required by your college.
Navigate financial aid, scholarships, and financial planning for college with the help of your own financial aid counselor:
Questions about how these courses might affect your financial aid or scholarships? Make sure to connect with the S4S financial aid advisor.
To help support you during your first year in college, you will get exclusive access to individualized sessions with a professional Learning Specialist at the THINK TANK. Learning Specialists serve as your academic coach: meetings with them will assist you in becoming familiar with your academic habits and help you learn and build your study strategies.
***Before the fall semester you will receive emails from your Learning Specialist. It is important you begin reading your CatMail frequently and maintaining contact with your Learning Specialist.
Wondering what a Learning Specialist really does? Watch this video: The Work of a Learning Specialist
Watch the Schedule for Success video to discover even more!
Fall 2016 Hours:
La Paz Tutoring Center, Room 107
- Mondays-Thursdays 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- Sundays 5:00-9:00 p.m.
- Free tutoring through THINK TANK with professionally Certified Peer Tutors
- La Paz tutoring center just for S4S Students
- Two free private tutoring sessions at THINK TANK.
- Continued access to SAS100AX instructors! SAS100AX instructors offer free one on one tutoring each week.
- Offered six days a week, not matter what math class you take!
- Continued access to the La Paz tutoring center.
- Additional two free private tutoring sessions at THINK TANK!
- FREE weekly reinforcement sessions for Math 112
- FREE test reviews and study packets for Math 112
LET’S MEET AT ORIENTATION!
The S4S team will be available at orientation to answer your questions and connect you with services and support on campus. Look for a Schedule for Success session on your orientation schedule.