When submitting a workshop request, please observe the following guidelines:
- Workshop request(s) must be made at least one week in advance.
- Provide a few options of dates and times that would work for your group.
- Workshops are one hour long; please plan accordingly.
- All workshops must occur either in the Student Union Memorial Center or a UA classroom.
- Note for Fraternities and Sororities: Through Fraternity and Sorority Programming (FSP) you have access to rooms in the Student Union or a UA classroom.
o Requests that require a room reservation on campus, please submit at least 2 weeks prior! Room reservation takes time.
- Clubs/organizations are expected to provide copies of workshop materials (i.e. handouts) for all attendees. Materials will be sent to the contact person of the club/organization prior to event.
- Clubs/organizations are also expected to provide a laptop that connects to the Internet and a projector.
- Apple laptops require a converting cable in order to connect to a projector. Please make sure you have all the necessary equipment.
- Please make sure, prior to workshop, your laptop has the capacity to connect to the projector.
- Laptops and projectors can be checked out from UA Library for free.
If you have questions or concerns about the above guidelines or general questions about this FREE service offered by the Academic Skills program, please email us!
e.g. a group of students on academic probation, non-traditional students, etc.